The First Post

And so it starts.

Why wait? I decided to become a life coach when my own life took a turn. I was faced with a promotion at my retail job and thought about what my future would look like. Hmmm....boring. Unfulfilled. I mean, if you're going to spend 40 hours a week doing something, shouldn't it kick ass? Or at least not be crap? Most people spend more time at work than they do with their own families.

So, I went back to college to get a degree with something I was fascinated with, Exercise Science. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew I was going somewhere great. When I read about life coaching in 2002, I knew that was what I was going to do. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I can do this and be great at it. Helping others to live their ideal life. Every day that you spend not trying to lead a more fulfilling life for yourself is a day wasted. And I emphasize "for yourself". Not for anyone else. Sure, we all do things for our families, our spouses, our children, our friends, it's important but when you're 95 and about to die, will you be glad you had a "just okay" life, filled with doing everything for everyone else, or will you be glad you lived YOUR ideal life?

0 comments: