Fulfillment

ful-fill-ment
noun
1. a feeling of satisfaction at having achieved your desires


What a big, enormous word. I think living in this country, and maybe even more so in southern California, we are always wanting more. Once we get what we want, there is always something in some window that we see that we have to have.

Looking around at my own life, I really have everything that fulfills me. A loving relationship, a healthy child, a warm home. I have more than most, I would assume. When you ask someone, "What fulfills you?" it is usually met with a big sigh and the sentence starts with "Ummmm....." People really have to dig deep in their hearts to answer this. Then usually a smile appears as they think of their answer. You can tell a lot about a person by what they say, but you can tell even more by their facial expressions. If they are getting it or not. And if they are not getting it, their disappointment.

I'm excited to know that I will help people make steps toward their own fulfillment. And to quote the Hokey Pokey, "That's what it's all about!"

0 comments: